This is not the type of thing I would usually watch, but bear with me. The premise is that single girls (and guys? Who knows?) switch places and date each other's friends. Then each girl chooses one of the three guys to fly to her city for a follow-up. I watched this episode because one girl was from Philly and the other was from Seattle. I'm really interested in the way places either choose to present themselves or are presented.
I would have switched cities for the girls right away -- the Seattle girl definitely seemed to belong in Philly (she looked like Celine Dion), and the Philly girl would probably be better off in Seattle (although she didn't seem as "outdoorsy" as she wanted to be). The guys were more products of their places.
Philly came off pretty well. It's sparkly, and there are a lot of good angles to show. Seattle is harder to package, I think. Its pleasures are different.
Anyway, it was a fluffy show, but has a good concept, and it was put together well. I'm really not a Philly girl (the one girl's well-worn line was "I'm a pub girl, not a club girl") but it has its charms, and it's nice to be reminded of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment